If you are wondering..the title is an Indianized version of the age-old Philosophical Question “Why did the chicken cross the road? “..Oh and if you are actually looking for the answer, I ‘ve got none (hey but you can check this site out for some answers – ChickenANSWER).I just used it as a prelude for a serious/philosophical discussion (Yeah..Seriously!) on how I am a happy/content Girl . Yeah I said GIRL.. I still havent reached a stage where I can refer to myself as a woman..(eeks sounds so old)..
Anyhoww, without digressing any further, let me spill out some heavy duty stuff for a change. 😉
A couple of years ago, while I was in college, there was a new FAD (u know, the IN Thing and all that) called AOL a.k.a Art Of Living. I decided to give it a shot to improve my grades (Cough..dont ask me what happened with that!!). I lasted only 2 days out of 7 but the point is , one thing that female said has STuCK to my mind ever since. “Expectations Reduce the Joy Of Life“. I am not saying, be an ambitionless , spineless Moron , but if you want to be happy, STOP expecting from anyone but yourself. Difficult to apply , but TRUST me, it works and if you try long enough, you can see results in less than a year :).(I am talking like I’m from VLCC or smcrap!! :)). What comes along with this turf is to Stop seeking “happiness” from others. Because you and ONLY YOU can really help yourself. So dont fool yourself into thinking that its someone else’s fault that you are not happy (And If you think I sound cynical, I am not. I am one of those “species”, who actually likes EVERYONE!)
And the second “PEARL of wisdom” – Always Keep your emotions in Moderation. That means, whatever the circumstances, dont get toooo happy or tooo sad. For this you gotta “anticipate” bad events, but at the same time keep those hopes high..I guess a bit of “pessimism” always helps. Do have faith in the Big G above, but dont think that you have no part to play and your life is a “puppet show” cuz its NOT.Again practise maketh the man perfect. So you need to apply it Consciously the first few times and slowly you’ll become a “happier” person.
I think thats enough of the “Heavy duty’ stuff . Other “lighter” tips to remain blissful –>
- When you are down, watch a Lot of Comedy serials..Without a break or try movies like Scary Movie , American Pie bla bla
- If you really adore something, then try to “watch” programmes involving it/him/her (for eg. i love DOGS. I watch a lot of animal planet..And on a “different” note, i really like Salman Khan as well ;)..so i watch his movies..sighh..:D)
- Get involved in activities (like Aerobics , Table Tennis , Marathon Orkutting, marathon chatting and so on..)
- Oh and it helps if you have a terrible memory like I do :D..The whole “forgive and FORGET” angle becomes so much more easier.Hence, I would say, TRY your best to “decrease”/get rid of that”photographic” memory of yours 😉
And some “Donts” –
- Dont listen to melodious sentimental crappy songs , you need to go for HEAVY metal..Big time ROCK bands..:D
- Dont watch the NEWS too much.Believe me , its depressing!! The news media steers CLEAR of happy stuff …
Before you go, Check out these “cute” quotes ->
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. — Oscar Wilde (I love this guy!!)
Whoever said money can’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop — God Knows who said this, but how truee 😉
Well thats all I got..Thought it might help If you think I bored the shit outta you, come back here when you are feeling not soo happy ;)..For more tips..contact the “HAPPY MATA” a.k.a ME 😉