Alrite! I’ve decided not to write anything more about the World Cup since i seem to be pretty bad at the predictions! So Anyhowww —–
My life has begun to (actually its been 5 years!!) revolve around this stupid invention that was “helped along” by a Mr.Konrad Zuse ( Woah..Konrad Whoo??? Just wanted to “Educate” people on the history of computers. He invented the Firsht freely programmable computer in the year 1936 ..* Applause * 😉 ) Let me not digress any further. My routine (which is quite well known by now.If not, refer post – “ I dont know what I want ” Haha) twirls and revolves around the internet. Here’s something I found on the “net” (BUT obviously) about how to tell If you are Addicted to the net. Gawd, I identify sooo much with every “bullet” that its Shocking!
- You didn’t give your valentine a card this year, but you posted one for your email buddies via a Web page.
- Your reason for not staying in touch with family/friends is that they do not have email addresses.(Yeaah I know! What kinda losers dont stay online!! 😉 )
- You say “he he he he” or “heh heh heh” instead of laughing.( hehe he he )
- You end your sentences with…..three or more periods……
- You can type 70 words per minute but can’t read your own handwriting.(Can’t be blamed for that. Noone wants to read hand written stuff any more ..sobb..)
- You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa, but you haven’t spoken to your next door neighbor yet this year (Neighbour?!! Who? Forget That I dont speak much to my colleague sitting 3 inches away from me!!)
- You start tilting your head sideways to smile.(I actually find this very cute 😉 )
- You beg your friends to get an account so you can “hang out.” (Is there any other way to hang out ?? 😛 )
- If you can type your top 10 favorite Web sites, by heart.( I start the day with Google, move onto Economic Times, then orkut, then my blog, then Wait..does gmail,yahoo mail or hotmail qualify as “websites”?? 😀)
- You check your mail. It says “no new messages.” So you check it again.(Cough..Again?? Does 52 times a day qualify for an addict??)
- You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free Internet access.(Thankfully I get free internet access at work hhehe)
- And finally (this is my own addition and sadly,I’ve done it a few times) You say “Colon D ” or “Colon O” in real life to express emotions (Yeah..Major Geeek huh?)
I’m surprised there are postmans still have something to do these days and I dont know if the not-online-friends are even alive or not! I’ve become a lazy ass and have stopped doing “errands” which doesnt involve either the internet or the phone..Oh and there are other consequences too. My attention span has decreased to about 5 seconds (Yup..I blame the internet for that)..I cant watch the same channel for more than 5 seconds.I’ve stopped reading books and If I do, I even change books like I change channels! I can’t get myself to read more than 10 pages of ANY book.. So I see it appropriate to blame this invention for my “loserish” qualities. A Totally Non Existent social life AND Not-That-Prosperous A professional life. Now that I’ve come so far into my blog, I’ve cant seem to remember what the point of this post was ( remember the 5 second attention span?? Forgive mee :D). I guess I started out thinking about “What to do to overcome my internet addiction“, but I’ve got nothing so far! Internetz not giving me enuff time to think about it..;)